Free Web Counter GOULD'S HOUSE: Sydney, the Vicious Beast

« Home | One Year » | Erik Mongrain » | what's happening » | The Visitors » | Happy 4th of July! » | England Out! » | Yummy Breakfast » | World Cup » | Bear » | Chi Town » 

Friday, August 25, 2006 

Sydney, the Vicious Beast



For any of you who know our nephew, Jaden, you know about his intense fear of dogs. It all started with Allison's dog buddy. When he was just a small boy, Buddy barked. This bark has traumatized him more than any other event in his young life. In attempts to break through this fear we have been trying to expose him more and more to Sydney. We've had a few set backs, like the time he opened the door, saw her, and ran. He left the door open, so thinking he was playing she chased right after him. He was a little frightened to say the least. The last two weeks, however we've had some major breakthroughs. Last Friday night he got up the nerve to pet her! Then even got within 3 feet! On Sunday he fed her a treat. So today we took Jaden, Adam, and Sydney to the beach. He was a little nervous, but did great. Good job Jaden! He likes to throw things for her (I think because it gets her to run the opposite way of him, but hey it's a step). His new goal is to not be scared so he can bring Sydney to show-and-tell at school, because "that would be the greatest show-and-tell ever!"


Hi! I like your blog. Since we talked about commenting even if we couldn't think of anything witty to say, I decided to go ahead. I'm glad Jaden is getting braver, getting Sydney was helpful for him! Well, I hope you're having a good day and I hope you keep blogging lots even if you don't always know what to write.

My kids are some of the cutest in the world :)

We are so sorry that Buddy scared Jaden...we also are glad that he is getting braver with Sydney.
Mom

I can hardly wait until Syd comes to my class for show-and-tell! The rest of my students will LOVE it. I am so happy Jaden is getting use to dogs. He asked me the other day when Jeremy was going to bring Kenai back to class! :)

Post a Comment
Sudoku from SudokuPuzz.com