Free Web Counter GOULD'S HOUSE: World Cup

« Home | Bear » | Chi Town » | Just a little note about American Idol. I think Ta... » | We're Home » | The Latest » | Garage Sale » | Sweather » | Word » | Let's hear it for Jenn » | This picture surfaced about 3 weeks ago and I was ... » 

Saturday, June 10, 2006 

World Cup


The world cup started yesterday so if you are looking for me chances are I'll be in front of the TV. England played their first game today, and let me say that while they won the game 1-0 the performance was abysmal. Ashley Cole managed to give the ball away about 5 times simply by falling over with no pressure from the other team, he's supposed to be the best left back in the world but if he walked in here right now, he wouldn't be the best left back in this room. The ESPN commentators are shocking aswell. The lead guy called David Beckham "David Beckett" even my wife knows who Beckham is, The color commentator said Beckham would move to center midfield for the next world cup because it will mean less running as he gets older. First Beckham won't even be at the next world cup, he'll be 34 by then, too old. Second, anyone who knows anything about football know noone runs more than a center midfielder. I realize that no one reading this probably cares about the world cup but I had to get it off my chest. The England managers substitutions were stunnigly bad, I actually gasped out loud at some of his moves. England will get through to the next round but unless they improve they are going out in the quaterfinals.

hey you guys!
i've been keeping up to date with your blog. it's great to hear how you're all doing. david i totally agree with the england thing by the way. terrible substitutions on sat and a poor 2nd half performance. still hoping they can pull it together though- i'm sick and tired of hearing about 1966 and all the fuss about rooney!! i still think owen'll come through with a couple of star goals. you guys are in my prayers, think of you all real often. God bless, love trace

Can you believe the U.S. and Italy tied? Peter Crouch is my favorite player. I think the U.S. is gunna take it all this year. (wishful thinking i know) ;-) Love you Jenn and Dave,
~Alli~

Yes peter crouch is the man, he plays for liverpool. Jenn calls him peter crotch

Yes, Peter Crotch is also my favorite player. We do have similar tastes, alli:) I was excited that the US at least tied w/ Italy. To be honest i wasn't even expecting that.
Tracey so good to hear from you. what's your email address?

Dave, I'm a World Cup watcher now - well actually, I had no choice but I must say I enjoyed it. I even know who Rooney and Beckham are now.

U.S. Open commentary was awful too. Chris Berman had silly nicknames for all the golfers. When someone hit a tee shot I half way expected him to say, "He. Could. Go. All. The. Way." Thankfully he didn't. He obviously wasn't there for his golf knowledge.

Post a Comment
Sudoku from SudokuPuzz.com